The DAA Infra-Red Low Powder Sensor is an efficient, high-tech solution to a problem every reloader has encountered: Making sure to fill that powder hopper in time, before you accidently load empty cases without powder… (don’t feel stupid, we’ve all done it…)
Unlike other solutions on the market, the DAA Infra-Red Low Powder Sensor can be used on all powder hoppers, not just the Dillon hopper. And It allows the user to determine at what level of powder the alarm will be triggered. Simply position the device at the height of your choosing, and when the powder level drops below the bottom of the IR sensors – the alarm will sound.
The Alarm signal is a bright red LED light as well as a loud beeping sound. Impossible to miss even when reloading with hearing protection. The bright red light immediately draws your attention to the problem, so that you can top up your hopper before the powder level drops lower than you would like. (many precision reloaders are wary about allowing the powder level to drop lower than about 1/3 capacity of the hopper, as when the hopper gets too empty the powder flow changes slightly)
The DAA Infra-Red Low Powder Sensor is powder by a 9v battery (not included) which will power the unit for more than 3 years of normal use. The Unit incorporates a motion sensor, which puts the device into “sleep” mode when the press in not in use, conserving power. It automatically awakens when you start to operate your press, giving you a green light to show the battery is good and the device is monitoring your powder level.
The Sensor is a compact size and contoured to fit snugly onto the side of your powder hopper, without interfering with other dies or accessories on your press. You can position it so it’s facing you – making the alarm LED as visible as possible.
Add the DAA Infra-Red Low Powder Sensor to your powder hopper, and avoid the unfortunate error of running out of powder as you load!
- Can be mounted to any powder hopper and at the height of your choosing
- Does not make physical contact with the powder, and no need to remove it when filling the hopper. Avoid spillage.
- Loud buzzer and bright Red LED offer clear alarm when powder is low
- Long standby battery life, using a standard 9v battery (not included)
- Battery indicator Green LED confirms the unit is functional and warns when it’s time to replace the battery
- Works in all (practical) lighting conditions.
- Compact, sleek size fits neatly onto the side of your powder hopper, without interfering with your other machine accessories.
- Includes a practical custom made silicone strap for easy mounting.
- Measures a compact 25x35x103mm. (1x1.3x4 inches). weight just 70 grams.